Basics of EDDM
Every Door Direct Mail – Retail® is the more popularly used service. Up to 5,000 mailing items are allowed on a daily basis. Buying a postage permit is not necessary. The post office will deliver your mails to neighborhoods within its area of delivery. Make sure to have your mails delivered to a post office that covers your target neighborhoods.
Every Door Direct Mail - Business Mail Entry Unit is especially tailor-fit to serve the mailing needs of businesses. This kind of mailing service facilitates mass marketing campaigns. Its scope includes entire cities or regions. You can opt to use our own mailing permit or purchase your own so that mails will be sent to a BMEU postal resource that covers your preferred markets.
What Else To Take Note Of:
- Only standard mail flats such as postcards are qualified
- Each item costs 17.5¢
- Minimum size requirement is 6.25" x 9" (we have that covered)
- USPS can distribute a min. of 200 and a max. of 5,000 items a day
- Each piece must weigh a max. of 3.3 oz (we have that covered)
- Mailing lists are not required
- There are new indicia and address label (we have them covered)
- Facing slip or route information for each bundle (from usps.com)